[Scribus] PDF questions: digitally sign + embed vs., outline

Julian Robbins julian.robbins
Mon Jul 16 18:28:53 CEST 2007

Hi
> Mute publishes both on line and on paper. Our challenge is now how
> > to produce a web-version of the PDF, based on a finished lay-out.
> > The web version should be searchable and selectable -- that is what
> > I meant by machine-readable.
> >

> I don't know of a way to marry a pdf to a search engine. However it is
> feasible to provide a TOC, bookmarks in the left margin, and of
> course an index with direction to specific pages via anchors.  I must
> confess I know how to do this (or at least where to look) in plain
> pdftex or Context versions of TeX but not in Scribus.
I'm sure Google can index and search your normal PDF's on your website
anyway.

I'm also fairly sure that PDF's created by Scribus have had indexable
and searchable text for quite a  while, a couple of years I would guess.

Even some web CMS's allow searching of PDF's too. I know that Plone does
with a 3rd party extension, and will invisibly index and make PDF's
searchable with the new version Plone 3.0 straight out of the box.

Julian