[Scribus] PDF questions: digitally sign + embed vs. outline

John R. Culleton john
Mon Jul 16 17:52:56 CEST 2007

On Monday 16 July 2007 08:42, Femke Snelting wrote:
> Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > Femke Snelting wrote:
> >> Hello list,
> >>

> Mute publishes both on line and on paper. Our challenge is now how
> to produce a web-version of the PDF, based on a finished lay-out.
> The web version should be searchable and selectable -- that is what
> I meant by machine-readable.

I don't know of a way to marry a pdf to a search engine. However it is
feasible to provide a TOC, bookmarks in the left margin, and of
course an index with direction to specific pages via anchors.  I must
confess I know how to do this (or at least where to look) in plain
pdftex or Context versions of TeX but not in Scribus.

If we go away from PDF then a search engine application for an html
page or pages is more common. This would require Java, PHP or other
CGI coding.

--
John Culleton
ATTN Publishers/authors: