[Scribus] PDF questions: digitally sign + embed vs. outline

Femke Snelting snelting
Mon Jul 16 11:16:53 CEST 2007

Hello list,

For the last stage of the Mute-to-Scribus project (almost done!), we
have a few more PDF questions:

1. How to digitally sign a pdf? On the Scribus wiki I find that this
should be possible in Scribus, but I can not find how to actually do it.
Am I overlooking something? (using 1.3.3.9).

2. I am aware that there are many good reasons for forcing fonts to
outline in pdf export, but is there any way to switch this off
temporarily or on a case-by-case basis? Using the python scripter for
example? I've read the discussions on the list here, and tested the
pdftops solution described here:
http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2007-May/024023.html so it
is not difficult to create machine readable pdf's from Scribus. But as
we are having to use .ttf fonts (we might change this for the next
issue, but that is not possible for the upcoming edition), I am stuck
with only outlines...

Thanks in advance,

best,

Femke