[Scribus] How to use make and not cmake-SOLVED.

John R. Culleton john
Thu Jul 12 13:38:47 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 11 July 2007 21:54, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> John R. Culleton wrote:
> > At the moment neither are working with my 133x svn file.
>
> cmake is not an alternative to make, it's an alternative to
> configure. You do cmake, then make, then make install.
> It's easy as long as you have cmake on your system.
>
> Greg

I have two versions of cmake on my system and they error off in
different, but interesting, ways.  I may try to debug cmake someday
and figure out its parameters  but right now I just want something
that works out of the box.

Happily after an extensive search I found the answer in an old post.
make -f Makefile.cvs
followed by ./configure, make etc.

The compile proceeds as I write.

Perhaps the less complex technique described above should also be
listed  in the wiki, for the cmake-challenged like me. The end result
is a compile and an install, which is all I want.

Thanks to all who replied.
--
John Culleton