[Scribus] Page background

John Jason Jordan johnxj
Thu Jul 12 06:45:31 CEST 2007

Scribus 1.3.3.8, Ubuntu Feisty

Suddenly I have a greenish background on the page for all documents. I
can't figure out how it got there or how to get rid of it.

It appears to be a real thing, because when I print a page (to
monochrome laser) all I get is a light gray right to the image margins
of the printer. At the same time, whatever objects are on the page
(text frames, etc.) do not print at all. So it appears that the
greenish "background" isn't really a background, as it is blocking
everything else. It's not an object that I can grab with the mouse.
Ctrl-a does not select anything. And ever since it appeared the screen
display has been lagged for Scribus (all other applications display
normally).

I've poked at everything there is to poke at, and I've read all the
documentation I can find, but haven't found the answer.I hope someone
has a suggestion.