[Scribus] Scripting questions

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Jul 7 14:44:21 CEST 2007

Owen wrote:
> Running some scripts, I sometimes get;
>
> WARNING: newDoc() procedure is obsolete, it will be removed in a
> forthcoming release. Use newDocument() instead.
>
> If I change the script to newDocument I get;
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 8, in ?
>   File "/home/owen/Scribuscripts/fb.py", line 3, in ?
>     if newDocument(PAPER_A4, Margins, PORTRAIT, 1,  UNIT_POINTS, NOFACINGPAGES, FIRSTPAGERIGHT):
> TypeError: function takes exactly 8 arguments (7 given)
>
> The 'newDoc' had only 7 arguments.
>

> Using Scribus-1.3.4 dated 27 May 2007, the Scribus manual->Scripter API doesn't seem to have a 'newDocument'
>
> Suppose my question is where is the 'newDocument' specified?

I have the same version of 1.3.4 and it has this in Help > Scribus
Manual > For Developers > Scripter API > Document Commands:
newDocument(...)
newDocument(size, margins, orientation, firstPageNumber, unit,
pagesType, firstPageOrder, numPages) -> bool

It looks like the added variable is number of pages.

Greg