[Scribus] Inserting table via python-script

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Jul 6 03:09:55 CEST 2007

halish wrote:
> Unfortunately, tables are not featured in Scribus.
>
> Dnia 05-07-2007 o 23:09:04 Akki Nitsch <akki at akki-n.de> napisa?(a):
>

>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> first I've got to thank all scribus-developers for their great work.
>> Nice tool and it's fun to use it.
>>
>> Well, I'm a student of technical writing and during my master thesis i
>> want to compare some open-source-tools with commercial tools that are
>> used in technical writing - that's, for short, is the reason for my
>> question.
>>
>> I'm trying to write a little python-script that imports OOo-Calc-Data
>> into scribus. After reading the data out of the sheet, I'm looking for
>> a way to insert it into scribus, but I can't find a method in the
>> Scripter API for inserting a table into a scribus document.
>> Is this method missing or is there a special way to do this?

Not quite true. Tables as they currently exist in Scribus are really
just a collection of text frames of so many rows and so many columns.
Unfortunately, they function like individual text frames as far as
entering text or data. So far there isn't any automated way with or
without Scripter to plug in data from odt or xls or whatever files.
There is a plan to revamp tables completely in the future, but nothing
even in developmental versions as of yet.

Greg