[Scribus] Copying text

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Jul 3 18:31:55 CEST 2007

Roger wrote:
> <snip>
> Is there a secret way to copy and paste text from other applications? I
> have text in a Firefox page, selected and copied it, but Scribus
> continues to paste something I placed in the clipboard several hours
> ago from another program. I pasted the new text into Gedit as an
> interim, but Scribus is still seeing the old data.
> </snip>
> ------------==========----------
> but Scribus is still seeing the old data. ----- because that is still in the buffer.
>
> I use this method frequently.
> Paste the selection into gedit, save it with...

Unnecessarily complicated.
As others have pointed out, first check Klipper and make sure selection
is highlighted -- click it to make sure, after which Ctrl+V will work.
Alternatively, click the middle mouse button/scroll wheel.

I have the same problem when trying to paste to a command line in the
console, except there you can't get Ctrl+V to work at all.

Greg