[Scribus] Scribus for Mac OS X

Michael Crisci macrisci
Sat Jan 27 22:21:08 CET 2007

Just a real quick clarification on my part:

> If you let those Lib files into their Folder1 Folder2 packages, it
> won't work.

   I knew that when I read that same thing. So I have it like this:
Users/macrisci/Library/Frameworks/Fontconfig2.framework,
libexpat.framework, etc.
      They are not in any subfolders like the directions not to have
(like Folder1, Folder2). They are directly into the Frameworks folder.

   I installed Fink. I'm going to try Scribus 1.3.3.7 again. By the
way, Fink installed a folder called "sw" directly into my Macintosh
HD area (the area that has Applications, OS9 Application, System,
Updaters, OS 9 System Folder, Library). Does that stay there? Is it
integral at that level of folders for running Fink or can I deposit
it in my Application/Utilities folder?

   I also have Font Card and Unsanity haxies running. Should those be
disabled?

   A question: If Open Office is running fine (and it does) and it
sees the fonts properly, why is Scribus having a problem?
    Don't they operate similarly?