[Scribus] Managing document with updates

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Jan 22 14:41:11 CET 2007

> Original HTML messages are attached

two as it was becoming unstable. I would rather stay on one document and
rework the master on Scribus though.

> I made an attempt on Scribus to transfer it, but the Master Pages do not
allow content to be input in text frames. Unfortunately having to draw
precise text frames with editable content is time consuming, especially
since a minor layout difference will immediately be spotted by the human
eye.
> Guides and Snap to Guides are fine for one page layout, but for all pages,
it is tedious.
> Is there a setting in building Master Pages to allow a specific text frame
to be editable/linkable (but still lock it in place for design uniformity) ?
> Is there a workaround not involving Master Pages which I have missed?

Only in 1.3.4, we have an Insert Frame dialog, which is a helper for such
tasks. When using it to create text frames you can specify to create on a
number of pages and link all the frames. Only on 1.3.4 though.

Craig