[Scribus] Scribus crashes due to Signal #6

ols6000 at sbcglobal.net ols6000
Mon Jan 22 07:36:47 CET 2007

Scribus 1.3.3.6, under Fedora Core 6

I have a 64-page document. When I try to print, or print preview, a
single page, after a long pause I get "Scribus Crash/Scribus crashes
due to Signal #6".

The page in question contains 1 text frame filled with ordinary text
in a single font, and 1 image frame with a JPEG image. It is page 2
of the document. The page displays approximately correctly on the
screen when the document is opened, and page is advanced from page 1
to page 2. There is a master page; the master has 1 line of text and
the page number at the top of the page.

At the time of the crash, the Printing File dialog contains
Overall Progress:        75%
Processing Master Pages: 66%
Exporting Pages:          0%

How can I make printing work correctly?