[Scribus] OT kerning (or tracking) specs.

jon info
Sat Jan 20 13:22:47 CET 2007

There is no "normal" spacing between letters.
Common terminologies  I am used to are (overall)letter
spacing(=tracking), word spacing and kerning.
1st and 2nd are self explanatory the third does belong to individual
letter spacing between pairs.

Xpress uses 1/200 em space for manual kerning or letter
spacing(tracking).
InDesign uses 1/1000 em space.
Fontmetrics (kerning tables) are always applied.

And, imo, yes, I think it's common for some designers to use wrong
terminolgy.
Because for "kerning 250" you need to specify wich pair of letters you
shall kern, it's more likely she or he
asks for tracking (+).

All you need is to find out wether she or he wants 250/1000 em or
250/200 em or something else someother
program might use.

Jon