[Scribus] Scribus ignoring quality ttf font

avox avox
Thu Jan 18 16:59:40 CET 2007

labut wrote:

> avox wrote:
>>

>> Hm, -fi should also list the rejected fonts...
>> Maybe you need to rebuild the fontconfig cache. Or you can put the font
>> in
>> a local directory and configure that in Scribus prefs as an additional
>> font path.
>> If that doesn't help, you can file a bug, mark "view status" as private
>> and attach
>> your font.
>>
>> /Andreas
>>

> So, I tried both of your suggestions. ....  Configuring the scribus for
> picking up the font from local directory didn't help either.
>
> But here is another detail: the font isn't ignored by scribus totally, it
> can be choosen in story editor settings as a display font for the story
> editor! It just didn't appear in the "real text" font menus.  Maybe it's
> really a bug. I will try some further investigation, then I will
> eventually report a bug and post the result.

Scribus takes that from the list of X11 fonts. For fonts it uses in the
documents it needs access to the fontfile, and it makes additional checks
(eg. omitting bitmap fonts) So these lists are usually not the same.

What is the fontfile's extension?

/Andreas