[Scribus] Color Management issues [OFF-TOPIC]

Hal V. Engel hvengel
Mon Jan 15 03:18:40 CET 2007

On Sunday 14 January 2007 16:14, jon wrote:

> > ECI profiles are as much and as less for europe only as Adobe profiles
> > are
> > for north america only. What would say south america or australia ;-)
>
> Kai. Or Asia? Think it's all about standardisation? But isn't there
> a standard like all the US uses 6500? K (and SWOP) for reflectives and
> Europe uses 5000? K
> (and Euroscale) as a standard? Correct me.

Standardized and custom reflective input and output color spaces are almost
always D50 at least in the US.  So cameras, scanners and printers are
normally profiled for D50 capture or viewing conditions.  Monitor color
spaces, including idealized monitor color spaces like AdobeRGB and sRGB, are
mostly D65 color spaces at least in the US.  But it is possible to make
profiles for other viewing conditions.  For example if you had a photo that
you knew was going to be displayed under tungsten lighting (around 2700K) you
can, with some profiling software, build a custom profile for 2700K viewing
conditions so that the printer output appears as it should in that lighting.