[Scribus] Workaround for Adobes joboptions?

jon info
Sun Jan 14 16:34:07 CET 2007

Am 14.01.2007 um 14:57 schrieb Tino Schwarze:

> Hi Moritz,
>
> On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 02:14:59PM +0100, Moritz Dorka wrote:
>
>> my printing office requires me to send them PDFs generated by Acrobat
>> using a
>> specific joboptions file.
>
> It usually boils down to
> - PDF version
> - minimum image resolution
> - fonts embedded or converted to outlines
> - CMYK (Scribus: Export-Target Printer)
> - ... did I forget something?
------------
ah yes, most important: trapping information (trapped or not)
still don't know how scribus sets this.
fonts embedded or subsetted (copyright restrictions)
compression method (graphic / jpg, jpg2000, zip, ccit)
down(or up)sampling of grayscale images or bitmaps
max image resolution (this is important)
trim box, media box, bleed box, (offsets)
opi (allowed disallowed) imo scribus does not save opi information

(might also forget some)

You might always open any .joboptions file with an text editor.
some of the settings might apply to your job, some not because the are
automatically handled by scribus or are only processing option for
distiller.