[Scribus] Work stuck in Scribus...

Branko Vukelic bg.branko
Sat Jan 13 18:14:42 CET 2007

On Saturday 13. January 2007. 17:58, Tino Schwarze wrote:

> > > Is "MasterStar (cmyk).pdf" your filename? If so yoiu might try a
> > > filename without spaces or parantheses.
> > >
> > > /Andreas
> >
> > \ok,\ I'll\ try\ that. :)
> >
> :-)
>
> I didn't read the full thread, just a quick note: pdf2ps aka ps2pdf aka
> Ghostscript usually doesn't do a very good job at converting PDF to
> something PS. pdftops from xpdf is far better and it's output is usually
> suitable for ps2pdf. I use this regularly to produce mail-optimized
> PDFs.

Well, here's a quick overview. Basically, I'm trying to convert some PDF 1.4
files with transparency to flattened PDF 1.3 files. So, if I got it right, I
am to use pstops to convret PDF 1.4 files to PS, which would be flattened
properly, and then convert PS back to PDF 1.3 using ps2pdf?

Or could perhaps gs do it? AFAIK, ps2pdf is a wrapper (is that what it's
called?) for gs, right?

TIA

Branko