[Scribus] The layout of books or large documents with Scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Jan 12 02:49:50 CET 2007

Axel Bojer wrote:
> Axel Bojer skrev:
> (...)
>
>> 2. Specific problems:
>> a) Copying and pasting within the story editor takes forever, even if it
>> is only onecharacter, but, strange enough, writing or getting the same
>> sign from the "Insert -- Glyph" takes forever, I have not bothered
>> waiting long enough (More than 20 min. I think) to see if this is just a
>> delay or a crash. If this is not formerly reported I could try to check
>> it out.
>>

> Typo: writing or getting the same  sign from the "Insert -- Glyph" is
> pretty fast :-)
> Is there a way to just enter the code, for instanse 220 to set in the
> wanted symbol directly? This wpuld make it a bit faster for signs that I
> have to use many times (so that I can take the time to remember the
> code, that is :-)

I'm glad you mentioned this, because I think some variation on this
would be useful. I find that keyboard shortcuts for characters don't
work in Story Editor (in the past at least).
Having the ability to perhaps have a series of characters, like
"220+230+137" might be useful in various situations.

One of the reasons I still use Wordperfect as a word processor in
Windows is that it has the ability to perform macros (Word had some
incarnation of its own that I have a hard time figuring out) -- a
sequence of operations that might be keyboard entry, might be operations
-- I guess what we might consider from Scribus's perspective to be
miniscripts. Is there a way of doing that?

Greg