[Scribus] What exactly is automatic linespacing?

Michael Koren kung42o
Sun Jan 7 03:36:08 CET 2007

I had always assumed that the 20% etc. linespacing setting in preferences
applied to automatic linespacing, so it was locked to 20% more than the font
size in that mode (although the 20% increase is also applied by default in
fixed mode whenever you change the font size...).

But I tried it and got 17.3 pt linespacing for a 12pt font, so I guess not.
Craig said in a bug report that the automatic value is computed from the
font itself, so what's the algorithm? 17.3 seems a bit odd a value as a
default for 12pt text. Just curious.

Thanks,
Michael