[Scribus] acroread silently exits

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Sat Jan 6 19:42:08 CET 2007

On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:40:45 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> login as a guest, make your way to Acrobat Unix forum (I got there by
> going to Adobe Reader forum first).
> There are more complicated fixes suggested there.

I couldn't get onto the forum you mentioned because adobeforums.com seems to be
down at the moment -- the link to the forum eventually times out.

However, I did some googling and found this site here:

http://www.scim-im.org/wiki/faq/gtk_gnome/why_firefox_mozilla_acrobat_reader_7_other_gtk_2_based_apps_can_not_be_installed_started

It occurred to me that I had installed scim on that computer a while back as
part of an experiment.  Accordingly, I removed the following rpms: scim,
scim-libs, scim-anthy

Now acroread works.