[Scribus] 3 fold printing

Wesley T Allen wezlo
Fri Jan 5 17:31:40 CET 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 2:51 pm, Allan wrote:
> >>I had the same problem, so I created the Flyer on the Paper-Format on
> >> wich it is printed (A4) and created 3 Text-Frames on the page with no
> >> flow text, to control the lower parts of every collum.
>
> I think it is always better to beginn with the print-size of the paper..
>
> This is what I resorted to...it is weird though to have that option on the
> page set ups and not have it available for printing.

I use multivalent to impose stuff like booklets and brochures - works well,
but you need the CLI to do it (it's java so I'm assuming it works in windows
as well).

A friend of mine and I did write a script to impose pages for booklets, I
guess I could rework it for brochures too.  (guess I need to make it more
complex than I have it now to be more useful for other folks).

Imposition is on the road-map as far as I know, if I'm not printing something
I tend just let my print-shop do the imposition for me (espcially for covers
or things that require bleed support because multi-valent can't handle that.

I'm looking forward to the day where Scribus does this "in house" though!

Wes