[Scribus] using multiple fonts within one line of text?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Feb 24 15:37:28 CET 2007

Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Saturday 24 February 2007 08:50:35 John Beale wrote:
>
>> I am a relative newcomer to Scribus. I have looked but I cannot figure this
>> out from the online help files. I am using Scribus 1.3.3.7 on Windows XP.
>>
>> I am designing a DVD jacket cover. On the back I must fit a large amount of
>> text into a small space, and I need multiple font weights on one single
>> line. It is the sort you have probably seen on movie posters:
>>
>> producer PRODUCER NAME director DIRECTOR NAME composer COMPOSER NAME
>>
>> ...and so forth. I put the plain text into the "story editor" window but
>> the "Style" selector boxes in the left-hand column seem to apply to an
>> entire line of text at once. In this case, I need to alternate styles for
>> almost every word on a line.
>>
>> I seem to be able to do this by highlighting a single word and choosing a
>> new font (eg. Arial Narrow Regular vs. Arial Bold) but there is no visual
>> confirmation of this in the edit window, and when I place the cursor within
>> the word, the selection box does not show the correct font for that word.
>>

> You should see the font selector in the toolbar change when you cursor over
> the text. Use the selector on the left to change the whole paragraph and the
> selectors on the toollbars afterwards. What you are wanting to do is
> certainly possible.

The other possible way to do this is with Edit Contents of Frame mode
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Toolbars#Toolbar_Icons:_Modify_Objects
where in the main window you can highlight selections, then modify text
features.

Greg