[Scribus] Scribus OSX downloads (for a real dummy)

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon Feb 19 01:32:48 CET 2007

Jonathan Howard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I posted on here a few weeks back when I couldn't get Scribus to run
> on OSX 10.2.8 - thanks to those who pointed out my error! I've now
> upgraded to 10.4.8 and I'm looking to install the best version of
> Scribus for my iMac.
>
> I'm afraid you'll have to be patient with me because I'm absolutely
> not a computer expert. I can use Appleworks & read my email & that's
> about it. I found the download instructions on scribus.net a little
> confusing: should I download & install Scribus 1.3.3.2 (which seems
> an easier download to organize) or should I use 1.3.3.7 from
> Sourceforge? If I use the Sourceforge option, which of the files on
> that page do I need to install? (Or is it all of them?)

I'm not an OSX person, but here is what I read (and I would be inclined
to try the 1.3.3.7 version first):
I'm presuming you now how to uncompress (bunzip2) and un-tar files, or
that the OSX has a utility to do that.

You need the Libraries A and Libraries B if you have never installed
Scribus aqua before.
You need Ghostscript as a separate install, and it looks like they have
that on the Sourceforge site.
Make sure you move the libraries according to the instructions.
Then install the 1.3.3.7 aqua.

Greg