[Scribus] Commandline starting

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Feb 16 02:27:51 CET 2007

Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> Let me add one more question about the Scribus sla file format: Where
> does it indicate on what page an object is to appear? I found a way to
> duplicate a page, but I could not bring a text frame to a certain page.
> It just stayed where it once was.

This isn't quite documented, but I have figured it out.
Inside the <PAGEOBJECT......> block is a variable called YPOS. The value
here shows the Y position on the page, and incorporates the idea that
your pages are one continuous strip, like a film strip. If you look at
the left border, you see the numbers in the Y axis are continuous.
Unlike the ruler at the left side of your Scribus workspace, these
values start with a YPOS of 0 at the first page (forget about the fact
that you can use View > Rulers relative to Page to affect the left
screen ruler value).

The trick, as you can see, is that the value also includes the space
between pages, which seems to be 40 pts for the file I'm looking at.

So to move something by editing the file one page down, you would have
to add the length of a page (in points) + 40 to place it in the same
relative Y position on the next page.

Greg