[Scribus] Commandline starting

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen
Thu Feb 15 08:24:30 CET 2007

Craig Ringer schrieb:
> Craig Bradney wrote:
>
>> Its a plan, and I have done a lot of work to separate code wherever
>> possible, however this won't continue now until we move to Qt4 in 1.3.5!
>> where we get the benefit of the separation between core and GUI code in Qt4.
>
> To explain further, Qt 3 is a single unified library that requires a GUI
> to be available in order to do some many basic operations (such as
> creating an off-screen pixmap or doing most other graphics operations)
> even when the application has not created any windows.

[...]

Thanks for your in-depth explanation, this has clarified a lot. Since I
program a little for myself (Gambas, not C++) I can imagine where the
difficulties are :-)

Let me add one more question about the Scribus sla file format: Where
does it indicate on what page an object is to appear? I found a way to
duplicate a page, but I could not bring a text frame to a certain page.
It just stayed where it once was.

Rolf