[Scribus] Page Master as overlay

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Thu Feb 15 02:04:45 CET 2007

jplunket at penolahs.sa.edu.au wrote:
> Third times the charm, I am awaiting moderation on my last two posts as I
> sent them through different email accounts, so please ignore if this gets
> repeated.
>
> I am using Scribus to produce a school magazine and have set up my
> document and used to page masters, one for page left and one for page
> right.
>
> The problem I have is that I want to insert images under my page master. I
> would like the page number to be displayed over any image that I insert on
> the page.
>
> Is there a way to make the page master sit above all other layers? Or is
> there a way to manipulate it so it can be moved as a layer?

It looks like this cannot be done in this way, but I think the answer to
this is to not use a master page for page numbering:

Place a text frame on top of your image in the appropriate position.
Use Story Editor to enter the Page Number character (Insert > Character
 > Page Number, or Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P).
Copy this frame (Edit > Copy, or Right-click > Copy, or Ctrl+C).
Now go to each page you want to add the page number and Edit > Paste, or
Ctrl+V.
The frame will be in the same position on each page you paste to, and
the number will vary appropriately. Modify the procedure appropriately
for Even and Odd page positions, if necessary.

Likely you will want to do this as one of the last steps of making your
Document.

Greg