[Scribus] Copying a complete Scribus file (.sla) on an externalmedia

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Tue Feb 13 22:48:03 CET 2007

Alberto Zeni a ?crit :

> Hello,
> I'll be grateful to you if you explain me the correct way to copy a
> complete Scribus document on an external media (e.g. an USB Key or a
> CD-R).
> In fact I haven't still well understood how "Collect for Output" and
> "Save" work.

Collect for output gathers all the linked files (images, fonts) and the
.sla files into one folder. I am not sure whether this target and
preferably empty folder has to be created previous to the operation. You
might give it a try.

Save does just that, save the .sla file wherever you want. Nothing else
moves, nothing else will be copied.

When you want to put your work away on another device, it is advisable
to use the Collect for output function as you will pick up each and
every file needed to actually output your file correctly.

In any event, I still prefer, by far, to this technique, the Output to
PDF function. Don't let anyone play around with your file unless they
need to and unless the workflow is meant like that. Otherwise, a PDF
will do, most of the time.

HTH

Louis