[Scribus] Scribus and PDFForms

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Feb 7 20:58:58 CET 2007

Brad Losh wrote:
> I am sorry for the lack of information...yes, I am creating the form with Scribus, then I have a java application
> that uses iText to replaces the form field with data...as far as I can tell, I am embedding the font in the pdf,
>
> it shows up on the document properties

There are some people on the list who may be able to analyze your PDF to
see what's wrong.

If you're using Linux, you might try displaying your PDF with
ImageMagick and see what the messages are.
In the console, type:

display yourpdfform.pdf

then look at the messages when you exit.

Example -- here is what I get from a PDF I checked the other day:

   **** Warning: Fonts with Subtype = /TrueType should be embedded.
                 But ArialMT is not embedded.

   **** This file had errors that were repaired or ignored.
   **** The file was produced by:
   **** >>>> itext-paulo-155 (itextpdf.sf.net-lowagie.com) <<<<
   **** Please notify the author of the software that produced this
   **** file that it does not conform to Adobe's published PDF
   **** specification.

Doesn't necessarily tell you what to do, but may point to a source.

Greg