[Scribus] Success story and question.

Jan Schrewe jschrewe
Wed Feb 7 16:35:49 CET 2007

Kite Lau schrieb am Mittwoch, 7. Februar 2007:
> > You could create them as a PDF form and use for example pdftk to fill in
> > the form. But I'm not sure how this would work for 500 pages, as far as I
> > understand pdftk can only fill in one form at a time.
> >
> > /Peter
>
> Maybe you could generate 500 seperate .fdf files from the database,
> and then use pdftk to fill this 500 *.fdf files. After that you will
> get 500 individual filled *.pdf files. If necessary, flatten the forms
> using pdftk. Again use pdftk to combine the individual 500 pdf files
> into one pdf file. A shell script may do that all?
>
> Kite

Hi,

Yes, that would be a good way, but as far as I can see it is not possible to
use all fonts for formular data but that is what we would need.

I still think that making a script generated sla file is the best approach.

What I don't understand is how to calculate the Y Position for pages and
pageobjects. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jan