[Scribus] color managment broken in 1.3.3.7 FC_aqua?

avox avox
Tue Feb 6 17:45:55 CET 2007

jon-73 wrote:

> Now I ran into unsolvable problems.
> I remember to use scribus and CM some times for testing purposes and
> found it, I think, not really intuitive but ... sufficient.
>
> Cannot remember wich version this belongs to. Now scribus CM seems to
> be broken (?)
>
> All I can get out of Axels tif file with scribus->pdf (CM'd) is not
> usable.
>
> Cyan and Magenta comes out fine (?) but all yellow is missing - black
> is also missing (there should at least be some skeleton black in it)
>
> I opened the resulting pdf in PS (cmyk)  Y and K are thoroughly empty.
>
> Andreas:
>
> Setting is:
> Image : (is RGB) [property dialogue] [image / input profile] set to
> [sRGB / rel colorimetric]  [ I tried relative and perceptual intents
> and different input profiles - all leads to only slightly() different
> results ]

Yep, I'm using that (sRGB-IEC...)

> CM : set to sRGB / ISOcoated according all CMYK and RGB settings,
> intents set either to relative / perceptual or perceptual / perceptual
> or perceptual / relative [ for simulation ] black point compensation
> active. Gammut warning and on screen simulation deactive.

Same setting, just that I use Foagra Coated for CMYK.

> PDF export: pdf 1.3 compression method [any] no RGB-Profile used for
> including [why does this lead to RGB output? / Why is it not possible
> to set CMYK profiles instead?] Settings set to [Print]

Here you have the choice: use no ICC profiles or use ICC profiles for solid
color and images:

* using no profiles gives me a plain blue output, that's obviously a bug,
maybe related to endianness on PPC
* using profiles gives me output comparable to the tiff image

> I never used these settings but following my intuition these setting
> should be used as "convert everything to: xxx"
> what the reason is why I did not used them.

I'm not really sure what happens if you uncheck "use ICC profiles for
images".

> I checked the resulting pdfs with acrobat - and yes it's not an issue
> with AcrobatReader.
>
> What's wrong with my settings, or with this build (?) Is there
> something wrong?
>
> I don't think it makes much sense to retry this with 1.3.3.4 or 1.3.3.2?

No

> Does ghostscript do anything here?

No, ghostscript is not involved at all.

/Andreas