[Scribus] Debugging problems with start on OSX

Michael Crisci macrisci
Fri Feb 2 02:13:13 CET 2007

Andreas,

      IT WORKS!   IT WORKS!   SUCCESS!!

      First, I disabled all those programs you suggested that may be
causing problems. I also rebooted in Safe Reboot with those items
disabled. It still refused to get past the Font Cache. I then started
Activity Monitor. As I was watching the Activity Monitor, it kept re-
reading a few, certain fonts. But the fonts would not log a written
action on the Activity Monitor screen. They kept being rejected: they
would start to appear on the log activity, then disappear. The fonts
in question were a few Microsoft .ttf fonts, a Sign Language font,
and an ALIAS icon to Myriad Software's Music fonts. So I put those
fonts in a Fonts.disabled folder I created, and Scribus booted up! So
then I rebooted my system with all those disabled programs re-
enabled, and Scribus STILL RAN! So something in the disabled Font
folder was causing the problem. I slowly added each font, restarting
Scribus after each font was loaded UNTIL I came to the ALIAS icon.
Guess what? When I clicked on the Alias Icon, it said it could not
find the original. Well, I had DELETED it a long time ago!! I deleted
the ALIAS, and Scribus runs, and I'm almost all set!!!!!

      But when it runs, I get a requester saying it cannot find
Ghostscript. Ghostscript is indeed installed. Why can't it find it?

Michael Crisci