[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.4 - Thanks and a pdf export question

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Thu Aug 30 17:04:39 CEST 2007

2007/8/27, Philipp Klaus Krause <pkk at spth.de>:

> I've just started creating a new document using Scribus 1.3.4 and
> noticed the new bleed feature. Choosing A6 paper, 1mm bleed and 4-fold
> layout everything looks perfect on screen.

Hi Philipp,

First, 1 mm bleed value is rather small. Not absolutely sure of the used
value in general in mm but in North America, we use 9 pts or 1/8 inch. I
think 3 mm is closer to that.

However when I export a pdf I get each A6 page as an individual page in
> the pdf (which is fine for a pdf intended for download). The printer
> wants it as 4 logical pages per pdf with the bleed included. How can I
> export such a pdf?

In the General tab of the PDF export dialog you have a check box below the
output filename (top of the dialog) that lets you choose how you want the
PDF to export : single pages or one document with many pages.

In the Prepress tab you have all the options to output your PDF with the
needed printer's marks, bleed values, etc. Please note the check box that
allows to use the document's bleed values.

Don't forget to embed all your fonts, in the Font tab.

HTH

Louis

Philipp