[Scribus] What colour to use for text?

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Thu Aug 30 16:48:17 CEST 2007

2007/8/28, Stewart Noy <windrunner at mweb.co.za>:

> Ok, so having done a bit more digging I discovered that the black
> registration colour is in fact not what I'm looking for as it represents
> 100% on CMY and K when printed, and is to be used for, yip you guessed it
> registration marks.
>
> So having answered my own questions, a new one would be:
> When is it best to use a Plain Black (0C, 0M, 0Y, 100K), and a Rich Black
> (63C, 52M, 51Y, 100K)?

Hi Stewart,

Here are the values we use on offset presses for rich black.

100K - 60C - 40M - 40Y

This info could make it into the wiki as this question is raised from time
to time. If anyone has a minute to put it there, please do.

Also, it is unadvisable to use rich black for text purposes. Generally
speaking, using more than 3 inks for any text color is more likely to create
registration issues, especially if the text is used at small typesize.

HTH

Louis

Stewart