[Scribus] HOWTO build Scribus 1.3.5svn on Windows

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Aug 27 08:19:45 CEST 2007

> > > I see. So has someone actually built 1.3.5svn for Windows, by whatever
> > > means?
> >
> >Sure, daily, via MSVC though.
> >

> Is this the normal way, i.e., is it that building Scribus on Windows with
> gcc is not supported?

Well, Jean has always used MSVC. We have also used a custom modified Qt3
commercial version for 1.3.3.x and below which has stopped pretty much
anyone else building it. With the Qt4 port in 1.3.5, hopefully some of the
restrictions go away so gcc can be used. If someone can get a successful,
fully working build going, then we will check it out and test it as much as
possible.

Craig