[Scribus] 1.3.3.9 compatibility and future versions

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Aug 25 21:33:12 CEST 2007

Stewart Noy wrote:

> Gregory Pittman wrote:
>
>> Stewart Noy wrote:

>>> For smaller projects only?
>>>

>> There's nothing wrong with using 1.3.4, BUT you have to accept that you
>> may have trouble with making a finished product. So if you're doing
>> something that HAS to work, 1.3.4 is not so wise.
>> You also have the option of doing a project on 1.3.3.x, but making
>> "forks" of it in 1.3.4 just to try out some 1.3.4 features.
>>
>> Greg
>>

> There's just one feature that I can't replicate in 1.3.3.9 which is
> Overprint - any ideas?
> Also how would you rate the current export capabilities of 1.3.4, say if I
> were to open a 1.3.3.9 and export to PDF? Reliable? Not a good idea?

This is what developmental software is all about -- there is no penalty
for trying this out and seeing what happens. If something bad happens
come back to the list and let us know. It may not work, but it won't
break your computer.

Greg