[Scribus] shape sizing

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon Aug 20 14:36:52 CEST 2007

Eli Xiamen wrote:
> Hi, I am new to Scribus, going through the tutorial, and I am having some
> trouble with sizing image frames and shapes . When I enter the dimensions in
> the properties menu, one dimension always jumps out of wack, as soon as I
> finish entering the others. Then if I fix that, another dimension suddenly
> changes spontaneously, so there is always one that is wrong. It is like
> trying to put a fitted sheet on a bed that is too small. What is going on
> here?

Hard to be sure what you're referring to. As indicated by Anne, the
Proportional checkbox may be an issue, but that doesn't apply to Shapes.
Have you unlocked the dimensions? (Chain icons to right)

If you're using Ubuntu, see the Big Fat Warning:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Getting_Scribus_on_Ubuntu/Kubuntu_up_and_running

Greg