[Scribus] Can't edit images

François Pallut francois.pallut
Tue Aug 14 10:37:25 CEST 2007

Plinnell a ?crit :
> On Monday 13 August 2007, Fran?ois Pallut wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I use Windows XP sp2 (athlon 3 Ghz, 1 Go) and Scribus 1.3.4.
>>
>> But, with my "normal" machine, Scribus can't edit images.
>> When I'm trying to edit an image, a message appears : The program
>> C:\Program Files.....gimp-2.2.exe is missing.
>> But Gimp is in the box.
>>
>> In a VMWare, i have no problem in editing images.
>> With an other machine, the same installation works perfectly.
>>
>> So, have you a solution ? What's wrong in my machine ?
>>
>> Thank's
>> Best regards
>>
>> F Pallut

> Hi,
>
> Actually you are better off using:
>
> C:\Program Files.....gimp-win-remote2.2.exe or similar in the Scribus
> preferences.
>
> See the screen shot from:
>
> http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=settings1
>
> Why ?
>
> This enables you to open GIMP even if it is already running, nor does
> it require you to close before returning control to Scribus.
>
> It has worked reliably for me on a French XP SP2 install since Scribus
> has been running on Windows.

Thank's for your response.
But I had entered exactly the line C:\... and it does not work on my
machine.
On the same machine, in a VMWare (Xp Sp2 too), no problem.
On my other machine (Xp Sp2 too), no problem.

Other dysfunctionnement : when I quit Scribus, there's *always *an error
and i have to send or not  a report of errors !
In other machine and in VMWare, no.

Perhaps an other software I install, create those
dysfunctionnements...or what else  ?

An idea ?