[Scribus] Can't edit images

Plinnell mrdocs
Tue Aug 14 01:30:44 CEST 2007

On Monday 13 August 2007, Fran?ois Pallut wrote:
> Hi,
> I use Windows XP sp2 (athlon 3 Ghz, 1 Go) and Scribus 1.3.4.
>
> But, with my "normal" machine, Scribus can't edit images.
> When I'm trying to edit an image, a message appears : The program
> C:\Program Files.....gimp-2.2.exe is missing.
> But Gimp is in the box.
>
> In a VMWare, i have no problem in editing images.
> With an other machine, the same installation works perfectly.
>
> So, have you a solution ? What's wrong in my machine ?
>
> Thank's
> Best regards
>
> F Pallut

Hi,

Actually you are better off using:

C:\Program Files.....gimp-win-remote2.2.exe or similar in the Scribus
preferences.

See the screen shot from:

http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=settings1

Why ?

This enables you to open GIMP even if it is already running, nor does
it require you to close before returning control to Scribus.

It has worked reliably for me on a French XP SP2 install since Scribus
has been running on Windows.

Peter