[Scribus] When will the 1.3.x version of Scribus be released?

Stewart Noy windrunner
Sat Aug 11 18:45:01 CEST 2007

Louis Desjardins-4 wrote:

> 2007/8/11, Stewart Noy <windrunner at mweb.co.za>:
>>

>> I know this could potentially be an annoying question, and I guess my
>> real
>> question is - should I finish the large project with 1.3.3.x I am busy
>> with
>> right now? I can complete everything on 1.3.3.x but will require bleeds
>> before sending to the printers. Are you guys looking to 6 months, a year?
>

> Hi Stewart,
>
> While I can't tell when a stable version including bleed functionnality
> will
> be ready ? and probably most of the developers will say "when it's ready",
> please find here the info on bleed in Scribus.
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Bleed_workarounds
>
> I suggest you complete your project using the stable branch 1.3.3.x (which
> continues to evolve, btw) and use those workarounds (at least, this could
> be
> your Plan A) and *if* another stable 1.3.x is ready by the time you
> finish,
> then you could use it as your Plan B.
>
> If I understand well, after the stable 1.2.x and before the next "official
> stable" which will be an even number on the second position (so, 1.2.x,
> 1.4.x, 1.6.x, etc.), the team decided to, sort of speak, "branch" 1.3.x
> into
> a stable 1.3.3.x and followed developement with 1.3.4, 1.3.5, 1.3.6, etc.
> as
> you can see on the roadmap. So the stable version is numbered a bit off
> the
> "rule" at this point but this is to the benefit of the users who can
> immediately use a more evolved Scribus than 1.2.x series.
>
> Again, while some developement versions could be very stable, they are
> *not*
> suited for production ? I would add, especially for a large project. At
> the
> same time, testing 1.3.x developement version is a necessity for the
> project
> and anyone wishing to give a hand is most welcomed to give it a try and
> help
> find bugs.
>
> I hope this helps!
>
> Cheers!
>
> Louis
>
> Thanks
>> Stewart

Yeah thanks, looks like I will continue on with 1.3.3.x and use the
workarounds. While it does require some adjustments here and there it seems
to work fine, so on I go.
I guess I'm not looking for anything rock solid, just something that will be
able to open an existing 1.3.3.x doc "as is" and export a PDF/X-3 with
bleeds. Here's hoping :)
While I will definitely stick to the 1.3.3.x for my project, I always enjoy
playing around with the latest development version to see what new wonderful
additions have been included!

Thanks for the info
Stewart