[Scribus] When will the 1.3.x version of Scribus be released?

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Sat Aug 11 13:47:25 CEST 2007

2007/8/11, Stewart Noy <windrunner at mweb.co.za>:

> I know this could potentially be an annoying question, and I guess my real
> question is - should I finish the large project with 1.3.3.x I am busy
> with
> right now? I can complete everything on 1.3.3.x but will require bleeds
> before sending to the printers. Are you guys looking to 6 months, a year?

Hi Stewart,

While I can't tell when a stable version including bleed functionnality will
be ready ? and probably most of the developers will say "when it's ready",
please find here the info on bleed in Scribus.

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Bleed_workarounds

I suggest you complete your project using the stable branch 1.3.3.x (which
continues to evolve, btw) and use those workarounds (at least, this could be
your Plan A) and *if* another stable 1.3.x is ready by the time you finish,
then you could use it as your Plan B.

If I understand well, after the stable 1.2.x and before the next "official
stable" which will be an even number on the second position (so, 1.2.x,
1.4.x, 1.6.x, etc.), the team decided to, sort of speak, "branch" 1.3.x into
a stable 1.3.3.x and followed developement with 1.3.4, 1.3.5, 1.3.6, etc. as
you can see on the roadmap. So the stable version is numbered a bit off the
"rule" at this point but this is to the benefit of the users who can
immediately use a more evolved Scribus than 1.2.x series.

Again, while some developement versions could be very stable, they are *not*
suited for production ? I would add, especially for a large project. At the
same time, testing 1.3.x developement version is a necessity for the project
and anyone wishing to give a hand is most welcomed to give it a try and help
find bugs.

I hope this helps!

Cheers!

Louis