[Scribus] some suggestion

Alexandre Garacotche alex
Tue Aug 7 11:45:14 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am trying to make helpful suggestions here in order to make scribus a
better software. I am very much supporting free software and I am
teaching professional graphic design.
Although most of the things can be accomplished in Scribus, they are
some really important missing features that prevent professional using
Indesign for ex, to join us:

- template page not modifiable and therefore not very handy
- too few paragraph style features, there are many typography options
that are needed for a professional graphic designer.
- configurable grids and guides, the fact that we have to have the
manage guides window open to move the guide around is really
uncomfortable. Best would be to treat them as objects.
- the imprecision of the object snapping to guides and generally the way
to handle them is visually not very helpful.

I Have been using indesign for years and whereas I have no problem to
tell my student to use the Gimp instead of Photoshop or Inkscape instead
of Illustrator, I still can't say to them to use scribus.

Thanks
Alex