[Scribus] Printing a '3 Fold' Rack Card

william f. maddock billsey
Mon Apr 30 13:14:16 CEST 2007

On Apr 28, 2007, at 1:37 PM, Nigel Ridley wrote:

> I have just finished my first project - a '3 Fold' Rack Card.
> File > New > 3 Fold
> I then chose custom size of 210 x 297 (A4 paper size) and 6 pages.
> I did all the design - graphics and text on the 6 'pages'.
> It all looked very nice in Scribus - the 'front' page at the top right
> with three
> pages joined together underneath with a further two pages under them -
> 6 in all.
> The idea being to print (on my home printer - an Epson inkjet) a
> double sided Rack
> Card on A4 paper.
>
> I saved the Scribus file as a pdf - but how do I print it?
> I can't get it to print three 'pages' next to each other to make the
> 'folded' Rack
> Card. I can only seem to print one 'page' at a time.
>
> What am I missing?

I do a monthly newsletter that is in the format you mention, but I do
it quite differently. I draw three text frames per page (side of the
one sheet of paper), and I set the pages up in landscape format. I have
a small masthead above the opening leaf or frame, and I link the frames
in the order the text needs to flow (ASCII Art best viewed in Courier):

  _____________________________________
|  _______   __________   __________  |
| |       | |          | | Masthead | |
| |       | |          | |__________| |
| |       | |          | | Headline | |
| |   5   | |    6     | |          | |
| |       | |          | |    1     | |
| |       | |          | |          | |
| |       | |          | |          | |
| |_______| |__________| |__________| |
|_____________________________________|
                Page 1
  _____________________________________
|  _________   __________   ________  |
| |         | |          | |        | |
| |         | |          | |        | |
| |         | |          | |        | |
                Page 2

I hope this helps. I know it works a treat for me.

http://www.lulu.com/billsey