[Scribus] 1.3.4CVS in Feisty Scribus NG??

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer
Sat Apr 28 20:42:31 CEST 2007

Alex wrote:
> Yes. I heard of a condition called upgraditis, too. To each its own
> I suppose
> - some people can't sleep unless they stay on the bleeding edge and
> bandage
> their hands every so often and others would rather have their system
> uncluttered and working properly, so they could do the work they
> enjoy instead
> of compiling and doing system administration.

How is compiling your own more indicative of upgraditis than waiting
for someone else to compile a package from the very same source
code? Users of a non-corporate Linux system are by necessity system
administrators. Being able to compile a program is a basic skill for
using Linux. Yes, you can get by without it, but you do pay a price
in being dependent on others to provide what you want.

> Both types are fine by
> me,
> though my efforts are mostly supporting the latter group, of course.

They're fine by me, too. There is room for all types of users within
Linux.
--Judy Miner
  USA

Registered Linux User #397786