[Scribus] Fillable form with Form ID

Prasad Mhatre prasad.mhatre
Fri Apr 27 06:16:04 CEST 2007

Dear Friend,

Thanks a TON for the sample file, exactly what I was looking for.

Do you think Scribus having a BUG?

If I use your file and try the same it works great.
But if I try to put the same code in my .sla file it doesn't work. If I try
to cut and paste my form stuff in your .sla file it works, but again if I
try something different on the file it stops workng, and here if I remove
the modifications that I have done and bring back the original still it
doesn't work.

So again I have to cut and paste from my file to yours and it starts
working.

Funny isn't it?  I tried my level best to identify the problem with
configuration but no success.

Anyhow I can still use your source and make things work.

Thanks
Love and regards
Prasad

On 4/25/07, Maciej Hanski <ma_han2000 at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Prasad Mhatre napisa?(a):
> > Dear Friends,
> >
> > Does anyone have some working example of Scribus Fillable Form with
> unique
> > FORM ID?
> >
> > I did tried to make a form, and everything works except the unique Form
> ID.
> > The tutorial shows the same this way:
> >
> > Tools=Javascript=DocmentScript
> > while the Scribus software I have shows this way..
> >
> > Edit=Javascripts=Edit Javascript
> > and here according to tutorial I have
> >
> > var f = this.getField("Today");
> > f.value = util.printd("mm/dd/yy", new Date());
> >
> > I have define the field Today in my form, but still I don't get any date
> > printed automatically.
> > The tutorials that I have are PDF files , no sla files are provided.
> >

> Perhaps try it this way:
>
> // Get the current date and time
> var rightNow    = new Date();
> rightNow        = rightNow.toLocaleDateString();
>
> var f = this.getField("Today");
> f.value         = rightNow;
>
> I've attached a quick&dirty demo form for you to play with:)
>
> hth
> Maciej

Thanks
Love and regards