[Scribus] Book length projects.

Tornóci László torlasz
Thu Apr 26 18:07:44 CEST 2007

andreas.karlsson at ltv.se wrote:
> It of course depends on what kind of book you are writing.
>
> If you are just writing a novel, you could use an ordinary word processor,
> such as AbiWord.
>
> If you are writing a scientific book including index, TOC, references,
> bibliography, footnotes, etc, use a document processor, such as LyX
> (http://www.lyx.org/).

I agree, it is quite a lot of work to do these things in Scribus
manually. However, my biggest problem is not this. It is the lack of
_proper_ automatic justification in Scribus. I can manually set
intercharacter spacing and character widths in Scribus, however, Scribus
doesn't touch these when doing automatic justification, it changes
interword spacing only. This is so much inferior to changing all three
variables. Hyphenation helps a lot, but the problem persists. Nowadays
you see so many publications with horrible justification, that we all
tend to forget what _good_ justification looks like.

So I would like to see better justification in Scribus. I feel this is
the major problem in producing lengthy texts, not the lack of automatic
production of index etc. Others may have other opinion, other
priorities, of course.

				Yours: Laszlo