[Scribus] cmyk vs rgb

Farid Elyahyaoui frietfriet
Tue Apr 24 13:59:55 CEST 2007

OK,

thanks for all the answers. I tried to read the link from
Hal V. Engel (http://www.normankoren.com/color_management.html)
but it's way over my head so I played around a little bit to learn.
I'm really not interested in 100% color match but my new printing
company requires CMYK pdfs. The previous one accepted RGB pdfs and the
colors of the print result were very much OK with me. Sending him a
CMYK pdf without color management gave crappy colors in the pictures
while sending a RGB pdf (with no color management at all) gave good
results.

Now I switched on color management:
settings:
RGB pictures: sRGB IEC61966-2.1
CMYK pictures: ISO Coated
Solid colors:  sRGB IEC61966-2.1
Monitor: sRGB IEC61966-2.1 (don't have a monitor profile)
Printer: ISO Coated

Rendering intents:
Monitor: Relative Colorimetric
Printer: Perceptual
Simulate Printer (checked)
Use blackpoint compensation (checked)

PDF output settings:
Color tab
Solid colors:
   use ICC Profile (checked)
   Profile: sRGB IEC61966-2.1
   intent: Relative Colorimetric
Images:
  Don't use embedded ICC profiles (checked)
  Profile: sRGB IEC61966-2.1
  Rendering intent: Relative Colorimetric

PDF X/3 tab:
 Output profile: ISO Coated

The solid colors in scribus with the 'simulate printer on screen' on
for some reason still look greyish.
BUT:
If I now open the pdf in acroread It looks OK (no dark/grayish colors anymore).
Am I now on to something? Would this be OK to send to the printer now?

Old post: