[Scribus] Font substitution

ols6000 at sbcglobal.net ols6000
Mon Apr 23 01:08:51 CEST 2007

When I open MyDoc.sla on a Linux (FC6) machine with Scribus
1.3.3.9cvs, I get a Font Substitution dialog, which says

    Original                 Substitution
1) Times New Roman Bold     tt Times New Roman Regular
2) Times New Roman Regular  tt DejaVu Sans Condensed Bold
3) Univers Bold             tt Times New Roman Regular
(tt is a symbol of two overlapped Ts, which I interpret as TrueType)

In the drop-down lists for substitution fonts, I find all three of
the original font names: tt Times New Roman Bold, tt Times New Roman
Regular, and tt Univers Bold. Why is Scribus trying to substitute
different fonts?

I selected the same fonts as substitutions, and checked the box to
make permanent. Now if I save, close, then open the same document, it
takes about 30 sec to open, compared to instantaneous before the font
substitutions.

What is going on here, both in the request for unneeded font
substitutions, and the long time to open?