[Scribus] Quark & Co.

william f. maddock billsey
Sun Apr 22 14:52:33 CEST 2007

On Apr 21, 2007, at 10:40 AM, Thomas Zastrow wrote:

> As the same question arises over and over again, I think it would be a
> good idea to write a wiki article. So, I started one:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/
> Why_Scribus_doesn%27t_supports_QuarkXpress_and_other_major_publishing_a
> pplications
>
> Please feel free to change / add / delete the text ;-)
>
> Best,
>
> Tom

Having watched this little exchange, I just wanted the scribus team to
know that at least one commercial DTP developer keeps their file format
documentation openly available on their website. The file format
information for PageStream can be read here:
http://www.pagestream.org/Downloads/docs/IFFDOC.txt as I just got done
opening the page in my browser without needing to log in (I am also a
customer of theirs as well as a scribus user). The document is rather
long, but it does remove a major hurdle to supporting import of
PageStream (3.x +) documents in scribus. In fact, if I am not mistaken,
they have mentioned support for import of scribus documents into
PageStream(5 I think). I am not sure how old the file format document
is, but they are still using the same basic format, and I would bet, if
you can contact them, they might be helpful in providing a more
up-to-date file format documentation privately.
http://www.lulu.com/billsey