[Scribus] eps graphics in V 1.2.1-1 and 1.2.5.dfsg-5+b1

Robin Haunschild H
Wed Apr 18 16:39:13 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm using Scribus quite a time. Thanks for this great program! Being a
Debian user, I used Scribus in the version 1.2.1-1 from sarge. After
the upgrade to etch with Scribus 1.2.5.dfsg-5+b1, my eps graphics are
broken: some are partly displayed and the most are only white in my
"old" Scribus files. This occurs independently, if I use eps level 2.0
or 3.0. The problem also occurs in a new document when I insert a eps
graphic into a picture frame in the Scribus version 1.2.5.dfsg-5+b1. Is
it a Debian related problem (some of these dfsg things) or did the
Scribus compatability change during these versions? png graphics are
still fine. A downgrade to 1.2.5-dfsg-1 from debian.scribus.net is not
possible, because these etch packages are still depending on sarge
packages (python2.3 and libqt3c102). Interestingly, scribus-ng (version
1.3.3.6-dfsg-1) also fails in displaying eps graphics.

Greetings

Robin
--
Robin Haunschild