[Scribus] Colour Swatch and more questions

Craig Ringer craig
Wed Apr 18 12:34:25 CEST 2007

Tobias Hilbricht wrote:
> Am Montag, den 16.04.2007, 21:27 +0800 schrieb Craig Ringer:
>> Cedric Sagne wrote:
>
>>> 1) I am looking for a colour swatch and would like to know if anyone knows an online shop where I could find one.
>>>
>>> Use: paper printing only (brochure printing)
>>> Not sure if they always have CMYK codes, but it should ;o)
>
> See for example
>
> http://www.satzinform.de/ftp/cmyk%20hihb%20musterseite.pdf
>
> There are many CMYK "Farbatlanten" around - books which contain CMYK
> colour codes as in the example above. They contain various sorts of
> paper. The same code applied on the same sort of paper gives the same
> colour when printed.

... with the same or a similar press and the same or a similar RIP
configuration. AFAIK.

There are too many variables to rely on this IMO ... I'd prefer a sample
sheet printed by my printer like we have here (because our press until
recently could not handle CMYK+spot, and sometimes advertisers are too
cheap to pay for real spots anyway).

--
Craig Ringer