[Scribus] PowerBASIC/DOS and Linux article

John R. Culleton john
Wed Apr 18 02:47:42 CEST 2007

On Monday 16 April 2007 18:41, Frank Cox wrote:
> Some of you may be interested in my PowerBASIC/DOS on Linux
> article, especially the parts about PDF handling and imposition.
>
> http://www.melvilletheatre.com/articles

For those who like really old programming languages, older even than
Basic, there are two active COBOL projects that will run on Linux,
and, with some extra effort, on MSWIn. Google on Tiny COBOL and Open
Source COBOL. I do real work for myself and for customers using these
two.

Another neglected gem is Mety Bochane's simplified RDBMS called MDBMS.
Marty doesn't work on it any more but I have the sources for *nix
systems on one of my sites.

Go to
http://wexfordpress.net/wextools.html
and scroll down looking for MDBMS on the software list. It is really
simple to use.
--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com